FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Citi AA cards: All (Platinum, Gold, Executive; Business) 2018
Old Apr 16, 2018, 2:41 pm
PETERPNYC

Programs: Spg Gold, Hilton Diamond, Hyatt Diamond
Originally Posted by teammjs
You're completely missing my point.

There may be two issues here: SPORADIC pattern of denials that started mainly in 2017 that don't fit a discernible pattern, and SYSTEMIC auto-denials more restrictive than 8/65 that recently started in the last week that has been verified by a small number, but uniform reporting.

The difference between SPORADIC and possible SYSTEMIC changes would be based on applications that occurred sometime around April 10. That's why we need application dates, and details (e.g. last Citi apps) to eliminate or confirm the SYSTEMIC theory, which would still leave the SPORADIC issues.

And by the way, if you want to check my post history, you'll see I was the one who was first to discover the "new" 8/65 when they were implemented, and people like you were similarly not "getting" that when 100% of multiple recent DPs were suggesting a possible paradigm shift, we needed to examine the data to determine what may have changed. I've also went to Reddit to confirm additional DPs, and as a PSA given info here that these auto-denials could actually be possibly reversed by calling in. So it's insulting to think I'm making this all about me, when I'm just trying to clarify or get additional data against the SYSTEMIC theory, when data being reported is not actually germane to it and claiming to be.

Nameste's datapoint yesterday is the strongest I've seen that the SYSTEMIC theory may not be there, as it looks like s/he got auto-approved on 4/10. We now seem to be around 1 approval and about 8 auto-denials since around that time (8/65, with apps about every month), so maybe we're into a new era between SPORADIC and SYSTEMIC...GENERAL DENIAL if not 1/x even if under 8/65 since around 4/10
Where in the calendar would you put my 4/2 application and 4/14 ( after sending docs in to team in SD )
approval. In Limbo ?