FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Noise cancelling vs. noise isolating earbuds?
Old Apr 16, 2018, 9:40 am
mihec

For plane travel I always take my noise cancelling headphones with me. They are a godsend and really make the flight more comfortable, especially the longer ones.The only problem I have with them is that some of these plane seats have a side cushion for the head but because of the headphone (over-ear) can't really sit comfortably. This is why I explored NC earbuds as well. Got Linner NC50 which were pretty cheap and so far work great for my daily hiking. Haven't taken them to the plane yet. Found them here: https://headphonesaddict.com/best-no...lling-earbuds/ Don't really want to splash over $100 for headphones I won't be using daily so I go for cheaper ones.

As for everyday use, I always use my in-ear headphones (IEMs) with foam eartips. Great comfort, sound and noise isolation is just more hassle free for me. I don't have to worry about the battery and the earbuds I get sound great at a cheap price. It's really up to you to decide what you need them for.