FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Shooting video in LHR T5 Border Control
View Single Post
Old Apr 16, 2018, 7:30 am
nallison
Suspended

Programs: Life Miles, Miles and more
An interesting future lies ahead as the generations who have grown up with social media, and conduct their entire lives through a screen, reach adulthood.

I've seen it said by psychologists/sociologists we're essentially conducton a mass experiment on the human brain. And it is unlikely to end well as it really wasn't designed for this kind of sudden shift in how it relates to the world and he amout of information it is asked to process. I'm in the in-between stage as a 35 year old where I grew up without it, but it arrived when I was young enough to adapt to it. I do fear when I see how people 10 years my junior seem to see their lives as merely a means to maintaining their social media presence.

Of course, other generations can be just as bad. What really irritates me is people plastering their children all over social media. These kids have not given permission for this and I really find it quite uncomfortable,I'm glad my sister keeps heer kids well off it all for their privacy. Some people have a warped idea about how interested anyone outside their immediate family/friends are in their kids...just send them pics on WhatsApp.

Last edited by nallison; Apr 16, 2018 at 7:50 am