FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Shooting video in LHR T5 Border Control
View Single Post
Old Apr 16, 2018, 4:14 am
Sixth Freedom
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold
Originally Posted by skipness1E
What's the issue with filming in this area? Genuine question, are there really weakspots that peope could plan to use to sneak in? On the last day of T1, I and I could see a few others were happily snapping pics on the way back at the UK Border.
Can someone please explain what the real security risk actually is?
There is no security risk and the whole charade is pathetic. I can understand why you would not take films of these areas in tyrannies like Qatar, China and so on. Or in free countries where they are sensitive about these things and you do not have an automatic right of admission like the United States. But this is the UK, where we do things openly and everybody knows that everything run by the government or a big private sector company (but especially the government) is a shambles. "Security" is just an excuse to cover up for management incompetence. If everybody was filming and taking pictures the management would have to do something about the queues and general poor service standards, which would cost money that could otherwise be spent on making tax more complicated or hiring community cat champions.