FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Farelock - Questions/Answers/Experiences {Archive}
Old Apr 16, 2018, 2:42 am
pbr6891

Programs: UA 1K3MM, Marriott Lifetime Titanium , Hertz PC
Exclamation reservation disappear during FareLock period ... ends well ..

This is just to share what just happened to me and the helpful way United made it right ..
Last friday i booked a ticket and picked the 7 day farelock option ... all looked ok ..
The reservation appeared in my reservations on united.com and on the app ... with the 7day countdown in progress ... and my credit card company showed the farelock fee was charged.

on sunday morning as i was checking another reservation i noticed it was gone ... no trace of it ... gone on the app as well .. when i tried pulling it with the reservation number i got back that no segments were associated with this reservation.
at that point i tried to rebuild the reservation to see if the price i got locked on friday was still around ... it wasnt and if the seats i had booked were still available ...they were open for picking which confirmed that something wrong had happened to my booking.

i called the 1k desk and they very quickly identified that something had gone wrong although they could not tell what ... as i wasnt ready to buy the ticket they managed to re-create the reservation (new res #), honor the fare i had, restart the balance of the lock period , and refunded the farelock fee for the inconvenience ....
All in all it took 10minutes and i was back with my reservation ... Thanks United :-)

The lesson for me is that somehow reservation can diseappear but it is good to know that United can force/re-instate pretty much everything in this type of situation ... (the only thing they may not have been able to rescue would be the seats if they had been picked up by someone else)

Has anyone experienced situation like this ? any idea what may have happened behind the scene ?

Last edited by pbr6891; Apr 16, 2018 at 2:48 am Reason: typos