FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Some FTers DO the Inaugural Worlds Longest Flight SIN-EWR vv 28 June 2004 (long)
Old Jun 30, 2004, 5:09 am
Kiwi Flyer
Moderator, Hilton Honors

Programs: some
SIN-BKK-SIN - the short hops on a long trip
27 June pm, 28 June am (SIN timezone)

I had a little time in SQ's Silver Kris F lounge ^ but soon had to leave for Bangkok (BKK). The flight out on 27th and return following morning were short (2 hours 20 minutes each way) and uneventful (I dont count spilling water on myself, twice, as an event!). The food was quite good but I forced myself to not eat all of it. The return flight was my first daylight flight into/out of BKK so I was finally able to see clearly the golf course between the runways.

While waiting for the return flight I sampled a few *G lounges - purely in the name of science you understand, not to over-indulge in free drink you understand See the link to TG BKK lounges in the first post. Lufthansa and SAS *G lounges were both closed, SQ's lounge was fairly small and limited and I didnt have time to check UA lounge. (More on this on the return flight.) The TG F lounges aren't available to *G, but there are several TG biz lounges open to *G and also a specific TG *G lounge (also used by Emirates). My advice (current as at 30 June) is to go to TG biz lounge (not thye *G lounge) near pier 3 and avoid the rest - there is a huge difference in quality.

The flight back was slightly late cutting my connection time to a wafer thin 45 minutes. But if any international airport can cope with such short connections it is SIN. Now which gate? Doh - down the other end of terminal 2, a good 15 minutes walk gate to gate.

However, as we had discovered there was no shower in EWR I was determined to stop by the lounge for a quick shower to freshen up. So I raced off ...

Last edited by Kiwi Flyer; Jun 30, 2004 at 7:49 pm