FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Stop & Shop and Giant supermarkets gas rewards points on gift card purchases(2018-24)
Old Apr 15, 2018, 1:01 pm
iahphx
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by cwh82
I purchased 2 $500 VGC's at S&S on 4/12 with my linked Mastercard and I already see the 30c/gallon reward posted on my FR account. Going into Account Activity, under My Rewards it's listed there separately from the original Mastercard reward. The new one is "Mastercard Bonus" while the one that's expired is "Mastercard."

The odd thing is this new 30c/gallon reward expires on 5/31/18. The rewards I earned from using the last 15c/gallon per $100 Mastercard offer on the last day are set to expire 6/30/18.
Yes, I made the same purchase on that same date at Giant, and the 30 cents showed up today, too (yesterday, when I posted the MC link, it wasn't there).

Obviously, this is good news. It's not enough to make it worthwhile to purchase gift cards in non-promotional weeks (no more free gas all the time), but it does help a little with the $1.50 per fill-up limit at Giant MD/Stop&Shop.