FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Be prepared to show proof of AAA membership
Old Apr 15, 2018, 8:12 am
RogerD408
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA LTG (EXP), Hilton Silver (Dia), Marriott LTP (PP), SPG LTG (P) > MPG LTPP
Originally Posted by controller1
Should we really be showing members how to commit fraud and circumvent the need for a valid AAA card?
The rate rules call for an ID to be present at check in, if the property fails to do that then my take is they are granting the rate to anyone that knows to ask (Hilton does that with their MVP rate where they are not to offer it). The complaints here of the profile not being able to populate the field is valid. The thought that they are not doing a complete job of validating the status of the account again falls on Marriott. Yes, failing to lock a door may not mean everything inside is free (i.e. minibars), but it does raise a question if a reasonable person would think so. There have been many honor markets where the customer is expected to leave money for their purchases, and I think they are mostly successful with only a few breaking the trust.