FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Old Timer's Airline Quiz and Discussion.
View Single Post
Old Apr 14, 2018, 10:12 pm
Seat 2A
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Alaska Million Miler, United Million Miler, Wyndham Rewards Diamond, Choice Hotels Diamond
I'm sitting here in The Wing about to go grab a shower but hey - there's always time to have a go at the latest fine set from JL...

11. If you wanted to fly on board a Boeing 720B in 1987 from Mexico City (MEX) nonstop to Guatemala City (GUA) in 1987, what airline would you call?

Off the top of my head, I can't think of any 720B operators from Central America, so I'm going to go with Avianca on a flight that likely continued on to Bogota

12. It's still 1987 and you are in New York City. You need to travel on a Friday to Sydney and have found an air carrier operating a flight on this day and also on Mondays and Thursdays as well. You book a seat in first class on this flight which departs JFK at 5:30 pm and arrives in SYD at 7:00 am with one stop being made en route. Identify the airline, the stop and the aircraft.

If it didn't stop in LAX, and it wasn't a 747SP... I'm going guess it was a DC-10-30 with Continental operating via HNL