FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - US Hertz Fleet - What Makes/Models are Available? (2018-20 Thread)
Old Apr 14, 2018, 7:49 pm
strickerj

Programs: Alaska, Delta, Southwest
Originally Posted by Cre8ate
Hi all,

I am visiting the following places in June:
1. San Francisco (SFO)
2. San Francisco (325 manson st)
3. Las Vegas (LAX)

I was under the impression that Standard is a class above Compact.
But when i was at Hertz's website, i found out that Standard is actually cheaper than Compact (I applied AAA code)
From what i read above, seems like Standard consist of Chevy Cruze, while Compact consist of Civics and Mazda 3?
If i book a Standard (since its cheaper), do you guys think i can request to get a Civic/Mazda 3 (a downgrade in tt sense?)
hahahaha mazda3/civic seems like nice cars to drive along pacific coast and the grand canyon!
IIRC the order is Economy, Compact, Intermediate, Standard, then Full Size, so standard is actually 2 classes above compact. Sometimes you’ll find higher or special classes cheaper than the lower ones, depending on availability - when I booked for Las Vegas a couple years ago, a Camaro SS convertible (from the Adrenaline Collection) for a week was cheaper than an intermediate.

Also, the rental size classes don't exactly follow the EPA’s classifications - what we’d generally consider compacts (Cruze, Corolla, Mazda 3) are Intermediates, while Hertz’s example of a Compact is the Nissan Versa hatchback. You probably won’t get a Civic since Honda doesn’t sell to fleets.