FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Sat 4/14; Weather at MSP; 3-5" Snow; Winds 20-30 mph
Old Apr 14, 2018, 7:06 pm
z06mir

Programs: SM/Marriott/Hilton - Diamond
Originally Posted by jdrtravel
I'm sure they will let you change your flights given the situation, and if you paid for first class (vs. an upgrade) they will refund the difference for the downgrade, but I'm not sure that you should ask for extra MQM's. They rerouted you for no charge because there is a historic winter storm and all of the problems are out of their control. If they rebook as quickly as possible and are flexible with you, they have done a great job and there's no reason to ask them for anything else.
I am fine with a voucher but I'm more concerned about MQMs than probably $100. Don't get me wrong, I greatly appreciate DL being proactive and giving me a pretty darn good alternative. Significantly better than a real cluster f with United last Christmas where they said "Oh, sorry. Crew timed out. But since there was weather somewhere that isn't here it's coded for weather and you'll get there in 3 or 4 days". Does make me appreciate DL but I'd still like to get a portion of what I paid for originally (MQMs, SM)
Originally Posted by Lux Flyer
Doesn't hurt to ask! If you have time before you need to confirm your return flight though, I'd wait a day or two for phones to die down some.

I've got 10 days, so plenty of time. Figured I'd try Tuesday or Wednesday. No hurry. If they say no oh well!