FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Consolidated "United Club Access Questions" Thread [ARCHIVE]
Old Apr 14, 2018, 6:33 pm
IAH-OIL-TRASH
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K
Originally Posted by DevilDawg1960

Thank you for the reply. When you arrive in EWR international connecting to domestic you exit the secure area of the airport and have to renter with boarding-pass and ID. I thought that access at EWR based on incoming flight would only be to an “arrivals” lounge not the lounges in the secure area. Can you point me to any UA documentation that supports this that I can show the agents at the UC?

I was actually denied entrance today on this set of flights. Not a horrible outcome as lounges here at EWR are not that great, but for future flights I want to make sure that understand what I am entitled to and can back it up with references to UA/Star Alliance policy.

Thanks again
From: https://www.united.com/web/en-US/con...ge/access.aspx

"Customers in United Polaris business class may access United Club locations at departure, connecting and arrival airports along their eligible same-day routing".

Taking off from Narita one day, arriving next day is considered "same day". Arrival on United metal in Polaris Business gets you access at any United Club downstream (provided you have means to access Club post-security, which RDU BP allows). EWR agents should be well-versed in this. Surprised you had trouble. If you had arrived on any other metal other than United's, you would not get access based solely on NRT-EWR fight.

Last edited by WineCountryUA; Apr 14, 2018 at 7:20 pm Reason: repaired quote