FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Air Canada Selects Boeing 737 MAX to Renew Mainline Narrowbody Fleet
Old Apr 14, 2018, 2:59 pm
yyznomad
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC SE 2MM; UA MP Premier Silver; Marriott Bonvoy LT Titanium Elite; Radisson; Avis PC
Originally Posted by Mauricio23
The issue is not "not getting the same seat" - most people would understand that an exact mapping is not possible, especially if two flights have been merged. The gripe is with moving people who paid for a preferred seat to a non-preferred one when preferred seats are available. What would it take to fix it, two lines of code? It's just one more instance of IT incompetence in full display.

It gets worse: when you are moved to a non-preferred seat, your preferred seat fee is refunded. Now, suppose you put yourself back in a preferred seat and pay again. If, God forbid, you were to again be moved to a non-preferred seat, your fee would no longer refunded automatically, because AC's systems cannot distinguish between the first and the second time you were bumped from a preferred seat. When this happened to me, it took six months and direct intervention from Ben L. to fix it (as apparently refund services also has a hard time understanding that you can be bumped from a preferred seat twice).
Yes, you are correct, so I'll just shift my statement over to the paid-for-preferred seat to non-preferred seat... and this is system-wide as well, which I agree does suck big time.