FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Delta In-Flight Meal/Food Service: The Definitive Thread — 2018/2019 Edition
Old Apr 14, 2018, 9:41 am
jrkmsp

Programs: Delta PM, Hyatt Discoverist, Hertz PC
DL 4615: MSP-IAD
Equipment: CRJ-700 operated by SkyWest
Meal: Lunch
Distance: 908 miles, block time: 3h

This was the first leg of my flight to London, booked in premium economy on Virgin Atlantic via Dulles because it was cheaper than economy direct from MSP. With the over-water leg in Premium, the domestic leg was in first class. The choices were a salad of some sorts (I can't remember the details now, but they were provided) or a ham sandwich. I always laugh when Delta has a ham sandwich on the menu because, well, you know.

Entree: Ham sandwich with cheddar cheese, lettuce, tomato, mayo and/or mustard on the side.
Side: Potato chips (an almost empty bag, I might add)
Dessert: Oatmeal raisin cookie
Drink: Sparkling water

The meal:

The verdict: The service was good and the food was fine. I didn't really finish it as I was going to be spending about an hour in the Clubhouse at IAD and then I'd managed an upgrade to Upper Class for the overwater leg, and knew I'd be well-fed. I was bemused that the bag of potato chips was mostly a bag of air. There were maybe a half-dozen chips in the bag. I'd ordered a sparkling wine and got a sparkling water. It was probably for the best, though, as I had a few drinks in the club at MSP and had more drinks ahead of me at the Clubhouse at IAD and on the plane. And I did end up getting my prosecco. :-)

Last edited by jrkmsp; Apr 14, 2018 at 9:46 am