FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - First Class Monetization, or FCM: The Definitive Thread
Old Apr 13, 2018, 7:53 pm
Zorak
Moderator: Hyatt; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: :rolleyes:, DL DM, Mlife Plat, Caesars Diam, Marriott Tit, UA Gold, Hyatt Glob, invol FT beta tester
Originally Posted by Zorak
Recently bought SJC-LAS-SJC for travel in April. Post-purchase the FCM offer was $52.xx each way, less than the difference in cost of buying F outright. This would probably be within my $/hr threshold for accepting on a longer flight, but not on a sub-1.5hr flight on an E75. Besides, 4 open seats on the map (yes, I know) for a Thursday midday outbound and wide open on the return, so I'll definitely gamble

$106 total is roughly (not quite exactly) the differential to A (booked T outbound, Q return) even though they are only selling first class P fares for my flight combination (for about $100 additional over the buy-up offer)
Well I just had my first miss on SJC-LAS yesterday. IIRC it remained F4 at the window, then was down to F2 the day before, and those last two disappeared overnight. The FCM offer went as high as $200+ (lol, no thanks) and came back down to $75.

The morning and evening flights had RU availability, so this seems like just an aberration.

(My Sunday return cleared into an entirely empty F cabin at the DM window.)