FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Please post your Reward Club at Kimpton Hotels Experiences (2018)
Old Apr 13, 2018, 3:22 pm
ElmhurstNick
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA LT Gold, DL SM, HY Disc, Marriott LT Gold
Kimpton Monaco Portland

Kimpton Monaco Portland

What is your Priority Club status?
Spire Inner Circle

Were you (or for multi-stayers are you generally) happy with the hotel/stay? Yes

Which room did you book and which upgrade did you receive? Booked a basic King, got upgraded to a junior suite/deluxe King on the top floor. Easily 400 sf. Looking at the room map, it appears that they are plentiful.

How are the rooms? Bed was incredibly comfortable. Furniture looked mismatched and older at first but was clearly thought out with replicas in a way that was interesting. No dedicated desk, but a large table in the sitting area which would suffice. Bathrooms were a little small by Kimpton standards for upgraded rooms.

[If you are Spire]
How was your complimentary welcome amenity? Four chocolate chip cookies, two bottles of a local ginger ale, two minis of Maker's Mark, and two bottles of still water.

Did you raid the minibar? If so, what did you take? Yes - a local brand of dried fruit chips, and a package of Oreos, came out to $10 even.

Were you offered a Chef's Taste at Dinner, If so, what did you receive? I forgot to ask, I ate at the bar during Happy Hour, and the meal was quite enjoyable.

Did you use the free spa credit / did the hotel participate? If so, was it a good value? No.

What was good and what was bad?

Good - Very friendly staff. A large space for the happy hour, with live music both days I was there. Location was excellent.

Bad - Nothing in particular

Value for $ or Priority Club Points? Would you return? A bit expensive, but not out of line given what the conference rates were at the Hilton - I paid about a 20% premium over the Hilton conference rate and got a much better experience. I would return if I had to visit Portland for work.