FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - IHG Rewards Club Premier MC- 125K Points, Free Night, $3K spend
Old Apr 13, 2018, 11:52 am
RobertHanson

Originally Posted by sdsearch
If you think about it as "I make money if I book a hotel that costs more than $49 for the night" with this card, can't you find a night where you make money using the free night certificate? Yes, you may not get as much value out of it as you thought you might, but if next time you need a hotel and there's an IHG hotel available, if the hotel you would paid cash for cost more than $49 including all taxes, you're ahead!

So I don't understand how these certificates can be "useless" for someone who does significant personal paid travel, unless you're only traveling to places where no IHG hotels exist (but in that case, why would you have gotten the card)?
Quite sad that we can't use the certs again at IC Hong Kong, and Willard DC. But a Crowne Plaza in Europe that we've stayed at several times on points is still at 30K, and the cash price is $160, so for that property $49 a night is a $100 discount. We are not only keeping our cards, we will probably get a set of the Premier cards, since $89 for a $160 room is still a deal.