FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - ARCHIVE: HELP DESK: General questions re aircraft equipment, fleet, seats, IFE, etc.
Old Apr 13, 2018, 9:19 am
thunderlounge

Originally Posted by ijgordon
In theory they can be just angled differently (e.g., slightly more forward-facing on the narrower aircraft), although that probably has some knock-on effects on things like the shape of the footwell and the size of the console/shelf. Not sure if the bed length is any different, although I think that varies by seat, especially on the Zodiac. I don't think I've heard much griping about the 772 Zodiac vs. 788 or 772 SuperDiamond vs 789, so maybe the 772 version gets a slight edge?

I’m not sure, really. I have not flown the 788 yet, but have the 789. There’s a slight difference, but not much that I remember specifically. Nothing that stands out anyway, so probably isn’t that different unless you’re in them quite frequently.

I would think if that is the case then it would come down to the plane itself, and not just the seat. In that case I may be inclined to give the 788/9 a very slight edge because of the cabin pressure/humidity/etc. But it’s all nit picking really as the vast majority of the longhaul fleet is quite good in J. The 763’s could be better, but AA is not the only one with that situation.