FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Does AA miss its former elites?
View Single Post
Old Apr 12, 2018, 9:18 am
stefg1007

Programs: AA EXP
I've been a CP/EXP for the last 6-7 years straight, and some form of preferred for 13 years straight. I am already booked to meet PP by the end of the year. Most of my travel is personal. I tend to book international J, albeit from cheaper originals than PHL. I would still pay probably 6-7K a year each for my fiance and I, mostly on AA metal. With the new EQD changes, we actually moved most of my international flying away from AA metal. A better return for money than spending on AA metal. Just last week, I took a step back and asked myself what is the point of going for EXP from PP again. I'm struggling to convince myself to go for it. Higher on the upgrade priority list for the few times a year I fly AA domestic? Meh. The free award redeposit has been useful in the past, but still that's maybe only used 2x a year. Flip side is, my options open up for international J travel on better, more competitively priced airlines than AA/BA.

To the topic at hand - I don't think they'd miss me/us. They'd probably be happy to see usgo since most of my money goes to other OW airlines at this point.