FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - The 2018 BA compensation thread: Your guide to Regulation EC261/2004
Old Apr 12, 2018, 8:18 am
djbenedict

Delayed BA295 on 19th March 2018

Originally Posted by djbenedict
I'm trying to understand whether EU261 compensation is due for this flight from LHR-ORD. It was scheduled to depart/arrive at 1205/1555 (local times) and actually departed/arrived at 1642/1937, an arrival delay of 3h42. No connections involved in my case. The reason given by the pilot for the late departure was the delayed inbound arrival of G-BYGC and the lack of an alternative plane.

Would be grateful for any views on this. I've read the archived thread and I think based on my reading of that, this being a category 3 flight and the delay being under 4 hours, that passengers are entitled to the €300 reduced amount of compensation.
Originally Posted by djbenedict
I've just been contacted by BA customer relations to say that they agree with the reasoning and compensation amount above. Time between submitting complaint and this contact approximately 6 days.
Final update to say that compensation was in my bank account on the 4th April: 2 weeks and 2 days after the delayed flight occurred.