FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Buying Money Orders at Walmart (2018)
View Single Post
Old Apr 11, 2018, 5:24 pm
lumangoy

• Originally Posted by dealhunter32
    I have noted that some Neighborhood Markets have different payment terminals where you must slide the card in a vertical rather than horizontal position. For these, the change payment option is not selectable for MasterCards, even if the cashier doesn't key the partial tender. The MasterCards are rejected here due to being run as credit.
Originally Posted by dealhunter32
The stores with payment terminals (Verifone) where the card is swiped in a horizontal position that have the three blue arrow lights will work for split tender of MasterCards as long as you can hit the yellow change payment button before the cashier keys the partial tender amount, but at many locations the cashiers believe that the partial tender amount must be keyed BEFORE the card is swiped and will get upset and demand you cancel if you swiped the MasterCard before they keyed the amount. Although their belief is completely wrong, it is not possible to buy MOs with MCs as it will default to credit and print an error message. It is much easier just to use Visa GCs at Walmart.
Ingenico ones are ok like below.

I have no problem with multiple MCGCs as long as I swipe before the CSR enters amount.