FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Does anybody else feel like it’s a little harsh in here...?
Old Apr 11, 2018, 5:07 pm
jcacciotti

Programs: UAMP Global Services, AA Platinum
Does anybody else feel like it’s a little harsh in here...?

I’m not sure if it’s just me, but I can’t help but feel that the tone in many of the active threads has gotten pretty snarky in recent months.

I come to FlyerTalk to get latest info and details about fleet and lounge updates, schedule and service changes, etc.

And yes, sometimes to share a gripe or two.

But when I post to a thread (admittedly, not that often) I take time and care to phrase my requests clearly and put forward a balanced view of my in the air and on the ground experiences. I see many others on the site, particularly very active posters like EWR764 and WineCountryUA, going out of their way to post clear, comprehensive and balanced information.

What surprises me me are the few, but seemingly growing number, of posts and replies that contain something to the effect of “ ... yeah, but I knew that already ...” or “Here’s all the ways in which you are dead wrong!”

I’m all for good debate and lively exchange, but it seems like we we could all be a little more appreciative when someone takes time to post a really thoughtful, detailed contribution or comment. Be respectful others’ points of view.

And keep the shade at a friendly level.