FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Buying Money Orders at Walmart (2018)
View Single Post
Old Apr 11, 2018, 3:13 pm
Mamibear

Originally Posted by carofly
I am rather new to MOs so please bear with me. If I am understanding correctly, to buy a MO with a MCGC you need to swipe first and then change payment to debit, now this needs to happen before the representative enters the amount. How do you guys do that? I have only bought a couple of MOs and each time they ask me the amount even before I swipe.

One other thing, do the MCGCs issued by Meta (specifically OneV) work at Walmart?
if you're new to buying MOs with GCs, I suggest to stay away from MCGCs when you're draining them at WM. They're a pain to drain as experienced by a lot of MSers, even the veterans. If you have grocery stores to drain them, it's best to go there; IF, however, WM is your only place to drain, the only way I drained MCGCs is either to drain them in just one transaction, i.e., load to Serve/BB or if I have Visa GCs and do split tender transaction, the MCGC is the LAST one I swipe so that even if I don't tell cashier how much is on it, the full amount is drained if it tallies with the remaining balance. I do NOT advice using split tender with MCGCs, best to do single swipes with the cancel/change payment tactic.