FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - BA American express premium plus - pre-overpayment
Old Apr 11, 2018, 2:40 pm
BlueThroughCrimp

Programs: BA Plastic. HH Diamond. Speedwell Bar Lifetime Platinum.
Originally Posted by binman
American express will not allow you to go into credit. I have tried this a number of times but the system just reject the payment.

Amex are however generally very accommodating so the best course of action is to call them.
Originally Posted by CountryKerry
You can go into credit by sending money via. a bank transfer instead. The system can't reject that and you're available credit will display a number higher than your credit limit.
Yes, That's how I use my Amex. Basically as a debit card, and then at the end of the day, total up what I've spent from the pending section, and make a bank transfer.
The credit limit will normally show as the full amount, but will be a negative balance.

Originally Posted by zsc
Recently got a BAPP Amex here and my limit isn't in the 5 digits.
Snap. Had a one off £400 increase on my limit since 2013, but still below 10K

Originally Posted by cgtechuk
From what I have learnt the credit limit typically approved is 1.5x monthly Salary as a credit limit and as has been mentioned before to get more cash available bank transfer the money to AMEX account so it gets an inflated positive then make the required purchase.
I need to write to my HR, and tell them my salary should be that then!
Or I guess I'm not typical...