FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Which card(s) to use for high spend or large purchases? [Consolidated]
Old Apr 11, 2018, 9:16 am
yugi

Programs: UR, TYP, MR, C1, AA, UA, WN, BA, AS, AV, AC, Choice, Hyatt, IHG, Hilton, Wyndham, Marriott
Originally Posted by Psilocyfer
Hi everybody! Longtime lurker here for personal cards/programs/etc, but I've been interested in accessing rewards through my business spending lately. I spend over 1,000,000 per year on the company debit card, and this number will be well over 2,000,000 this year. I currently get no rewards whatsoever through my current debit card, so I'm wondering what options there are for someone in my spending range.

Unfortunately nearly all discussion about which credit/charge card is best relates to people to spend 2-5% of what I do per year on the card, (primarily from shipping companies) so I've been able to find very little info. I'm looking for a card/program that has no spending cap above all else, since most seem to cap at 5-10% of what I spend in a year. I don't have much time to get really technical and strategic about how I redeem my miles/points, and all I really want is something that generates points/miles that I can transfer to various airlines and use to book hotels. I realize I could get cash back with some cards instead, but I'd like to use this as the family travel fund so we have an incentive to do more traveling.

Can anyone offer any advice as to what a good credit/charge card would be for someone in my situation? If I end up going with a recommendation made here I'll gladly donate $100 to the forum!
I think there are not many alternatives to Amex Business Platinum, because of no preset spending limit, and 1.5x on purchases over $5k. Other cards you can consider is Amex BGR, which doesn't have spending limit, and it has 3x on one of your categories up to $100k. But if you don't like to bother with 3x, just use Amex Biz Platinum. You may later receive Centurion, but this is not for sure, because they want more spend for this.