FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - PHX mini DO Aug 2018
View Single Post
Old Apr 11, 2018, 4:06 am
Misco60

Programs: BAEC Gold
Originally Posted by Pilot37
For those not doing B2B's at OTP - I have just booked the Vienna House Easy Airport Hotel, which, despite the name, is apparently 0.8 miles from OTP and allegedly has a free airport shuttle. Decent reviews on Expedia and with a midnight arrival and 8am flight back to LHR the next day, I didn't fancy a trek in and out of the City and it's traffic. I grabbed a room for £78 (which is refundable and payable at the hotel) if anybody wants to take a look.
I stayed there twice last week, and it's pretty good. The rooms are what you'd expect in a 3 or 4-star hotel, with good WiFi, comfortable bed, good bathroom and English-language news channels on the TV. Breakfast (included) starts at 5am. There's a 24-hour bar.

You don't need the shuttle - it's only a ten-minute walk from the airport terminal, at the junction of the airport access road and the main road - although you might prefer to arrange one as you're arriving after midnight. When you arrive, if you do decide to walk, go downstairs to the ground floor, out the main doors and straight ahead. You walk through a covered car park and an outdoor car park, and then just keep going straight ahead down the airport approach road. It has pavements, is well-lit and is not busy. Walk on the right-hand side of the road. At the point where the airport road meets the main road, cross using the pedestrian bridge and the hotel is right there. The big sign outside says "Angelo", for some reason, but it's the right one.

You can bring the cost down to about €60 if you choose a non-refundable rate.