FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Knights Inn being Sold Effective May 2
View Single Post
Old Apr 10, 2018, 1:18 pm
frugal_flyer

Knights Inn is unquestionably the most bottom of the barrel chain out there. Motel 6 looks like the Ritz in comparison, in my experience. Having said that, I am not happy that Wyndham is divesting itself of the brand. As bad as they are, Knights Inns are almost always the cheapest option for the budget-conscious.

Honestly, if there was a minimal level of consistency across the board regarding cleanliness, I could accept the shortcomings of Knights Inn. Even the horrible shower/toilet area not big enough for an amoeba!

I agree with sdsearch that the Wyndham redemptions work best during big events at regular hotels. Staying at the Wyndham Baronne Plaza during Carnival in New Orleans on points sure beats paying upwards of $300 a night cash for a room. The hotel is nice, but certainly not extravagant. Its location during this busy time is what it had going for it.

One thing I hope Wyndham doesn't change is letting you book reward nights anytime. As opposed to, say, Choice where most people have to wait until within 30 days out to book.