FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - 2018 2nd Quarter Freedom Bonus Categories: Groceries, PayPal , Chase Pay
Old Apr 10, 2018, 12:49 pm
bgriff

Programs: Delta Diamond, Bonvoy something good; sometimes other things too
In my past experience, Chase customer service will push very hard against any sort of manual adjustment to Freedom categories, but if pushed hard enough (asking once, and then a second time, both via the online secure message center has done it for me) they may be willing to give the missing 4x points as a goodwill gesture.

That could actually work in your favor here, because those goodwill points are credited separately from the transaction itself and thus don't count toward your $1500 of spending cap per quarter, so you could end up getting the 5x points per dollar on more than $1500 of spend per card for the quarter, if you have other planned spending within this quarter's bonus categories.

That said, I also wouldn't go making any big airfare purchases counting on being able to get the goodwill points credited in the first place, and I especially wouldn't count on getting the goodwill points for a second round of airfare purchases after getting them on a first round.