FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Upgrade one leg with Qmiles and other legs of same booking with Qcredits?
Old Apr 10, 2018, 12:07 pm
BlueMoongr

Programs: Flying Blue, Qatar Airways Privilege Club
Upgrade one leg with Qmiles and other legs of same booking with Qcredits?

I’ll be flying CDG-DOH-CGK and return in July with Qatar Airways.
I’d like to upgrade some flights.

I have 35 000 qmiles to burn before they expire by the end of June, enough to upgrade my DOH>CGK.
At my arrival in Jakarta, I’ll reach Gold and should earn 40 Qcredits, enough to upgrade the two legs of my return flight to Paris.
I have booked fare classes that allow the upgrades.

1) What would be the best strategy? Should I ask for the upgrade DOH>CGK with qmiles now, and ask for the return flight upgrade once I have banked the qcredits after arrival in Jakarta?

2) Is that actually doable to have two separate upgrade requests on the same booking?
(I had conflict info about this over the phone with Privilege Club, one agent said it is possible, and the other said one booking = 1 upgrade request, and that it’s not even possible to upgrade an outward + a return flight, you have to choose between both).

3) Side question: after reaching Gold in July, I will have banked enough Qpoints to renew Gold by April 2019. Will I get my 2019 Qcredits in April or in July 2019? Will my Gold status remain active until April 2020 or July 2020?

Thanks for your inputs!