FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Ask the staffer
Thread: Ask the staffer
View Single Post
Old Apr 10, 2018, 4:12 am
BertieBadger

Programs: BA, Hilton
Originally Posted by Dorsetboy
We are a family group travelling to the US on the same flight but in different classes and on different PNRs.
I have heard we can combine the bookings? How would one do that, and what are the advantages of doing so?
thanks for any advice
Gold members (only?) may phone up and request something called TCP - To Complete Party. That itself is just a manual link between the two bookings, effectively a text entry in the PNR to identify that you are travelling together. Benefits include being able to make a seat request for the other party, even if they don't have status but sadly this won't apply here - you have to be travelling in the same cabin. You can't make a seat request for another party in another class.

You should be able to get the group boarding of the highest status holder in the group (Silver?) so you can all board as Group 2 (unless your cabin class entitles you to higher) even on separate PNRs. As a courtesy, I've always checked with the gate agent, but never had an issue boarding together on separate PNRs.

There may be other benefits, which those more expert than I will no doubt explain shortly