FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - CW cabin LHR-LAX...which aircraft (or does it not matter)?
Old Apr 8, 2018, 2:53 pm
corporate-wage-slave
Moderator, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges, and Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold; Flying Blue Life Platinum; LH Sen.; Hilton Diamond; Kemal Kebabs Prized Customer
Tricky all round this, particularly if the 747 is a SuperJ, in which case UD is the only way to go and you can stop thinking any further. I would thereafter favour the A380 upper deck towards the front since it's quiet, got the storage bins and you'll get a smooth comfortable ride and arrive in good shape. In that respect the 787 is better still in my view, in terms of air comfort, and I think the service is more personally driven too, so perhaps better for couples or for the night return. If it's a 787-9 you could try for rows 6 and 7 on the port side and take out that section. But the kids will probably be impressed by the sheer size of the A380. If the 747 is unrefurbished (which is something that we are learning about at the moment, see separate thread, but some aspects are unclear about this) then I suspect the old IFE would be unimpressive for them, perhaps less of a factor in the LAX-LHR direction.

Since the new bedding and catering, I wouldn't advocate AA, particularly in a 777 given the alternatives, unless it was a fair bit cheaper, given that you are a family group seating block,. Still, it is a good product so by no means dreadful.