FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Transportation e- and paper Voucher / vouchers / "MCO" FAQ and master thread
Old Apr 8, 2018, 1:21 pm
synergistic

Had a wonderful experience using an 11 month old bump voucher today. Zero sarcasm, I could not have asked for a better result. I arrived at FLL at a little before 3p, and there was no line for the bag / ticketing agent. I had the flight I wanted to book in mind, and he was able to pull it up immediately. He warned me that I might see a discounted price, and he'd have to charge me more, but it came up at the same absurdly low price. He did try to sell me on 'upgrading' to regular economy, but an extra $133 for a $53 flight didn't appeal to me in the least. I no longer have any status with AA, but I was not charged an in person fee, despite not putting it on hold before approaching the counter.

He had my receipt and residual voucher printed in no time. I think it may take longer for me to type this than it did to complete the entire process. As a somewhat unexpected bonus, the residual voucher is valid for a year from today, rather than from the date of the original voucher. We were going to have to take an unplanned trip to use the remaining value, now we can wait for some great deal in the future. Kudos all around.