FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Check-in at Bermuda (BDA)?
View Single Post
Old Apr 8, 2018, 6:55 am
hockeyinsider
Suspended

Programs: Delta Diamond, Marriott Ambassador & Lifetime Titanium, Hertz President's Circle, United Silver
Originally Posted by Spent_All_My_Miles
60 minutes might be legal, but it might not prudent at BDA.
Earlier this week, when taking a DL flight out of BDA, there was no CBP line, but the security was using only one machine so the line was long. There's no pre-check, no priority, etc. so no way to bypass it (unless, possibly, if you are in a wheelchair).
This reminds me of the flights from St. Croix and St. Thomas. The Virgin Islands is part of the United States as a U.S. territory, but stupidly not part of the U.S. customs zone. As a result, you have to clear customs (not immigration) before the TSA checkpoints at STT and STX. You don't need a passport, but a driver's license takes considerably longer to clear. Before the hurricanes in September, if you were flying out during peak season there could be a significant delay in getting through the customs checkpoint. I always gave myself 2 hours, which was OK at St. Thomas because there were some shops and a bar to kill time. But the St. Croix airport had absolutely nothing to do if you got there too early.

Aruba also has pre-clearance U.S. customs and immigration, which actually wasn't a problem. The real problem there was the AUA security checkpoint.