FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - China Airlines TPE Lounge Closure
View Single Post
Old Apr 7, 2018, 5:14 pm
TerryK
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by jamienbaker
.....So, retrieve bags upon landing, push 100 feet, and leave with a service that ensures they make it on my TPEJFK flight the next day? I'm good with that. Reliable? Or am I running a risk....
It should be fine as long as you present your bonded luggage receipt to CI check in the next day. Those luggage will stay in customs hall restricted area overnight. CI agent needs your receipt to claim them to send them on your flight. Be sure to leave them at "Bonded Luggage" inside customs hall; i.e. before you exit customs. Technically, your luggage never enters Taiwan. There is also a left luggage service which is outside the customs hall.

Originally Posted by jamienbaker
......While I have your attention, since we arrive so late we were thinking of just heading to the Novotel, spending the night, and THEN taking the train into the city for Dim Sum the next morn. Seems easier and less taxing then heading straight into the city upon our arrival at 2100....
Sounds like a plan to me. As your checked luggage is in customs, you can go to CI check in in the morning to sort out luggage issue before heading to Taipei.