FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - China Airlines TPE Lounge Closure
View Single Post
Old Apr 7, 2018, 5:07 pm
jamienbaker

Originally Posted by TerryK
You don't need to do that. There are paid luggage storage services, bonded and landside, at TPE airport. You can use bonded service if you don't need to open your luggage. You leave them inside customs hall at bonded luggage desk; i.e. you need to retrieve luggage but only push them for less them 100 feet using free luggage carts. CI will retrieve them next day and send them directly to your flight.
Very helpful. I'm well-traveled, but this is the first time I've incorporated CI into my plans. I was really impressed with the 77W when I toured it at Le Bourget, so figured I would try it.

So, retrieve bags upon landing, push 100 feet, and leave with a service that ensures they make it on my TPEJFK flight the next day? I'm good with that. Reliable? Or am I running a risk?

While I have your attention, since we arrive so late we were thinking of just heading to the Novotel, spending the night, and THEN taking the train into the city for Dim Sum the next morn. Seems easier and less taxing then heading straight into the city upon our arrival at 2100, though I'm tempted to check out the W. We typically fly via SIN or HKG when we visit Bali, both of which appear (to me) to be much more proximate to the city center.

Best, Jamie