FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - China Airlines TPE Lounge Closure
View Single Post
Old Apr 7, 2018, 4:49 pm
jamienbaker

Originally Posted by tris06
I doubt it is hardly surprising they would keep the luggage checked in for over 16hrs unless it is a forced long stopover and that there was no other option of getting an earlier flight/connecting faster.

Also looking on the CI website it seem they don't sell online the DPS-TPE with onward connections to JFK probably because of this reason of it being long stopover. They do however route on the way back through a 3rd destination before flying to TPE so that the flight arrives back before 4pm and hence can connect to the next flight.

The lounge in terminal 2 for business class passengers is quite average to say the least. However the terminal 1 lounge for business class is a bit better. Drinks not sure but unless you really care about alcohol products like say blue label whiskey then it won't be an issue.
This is interesting that they don't sell it. Indeed, it is a Delta-issued ticket. But it also begs the question: since both segments are in the same PNR, will the agent in DPS tag the bags through to JFK? Which begs the subsequent question: if he/she does, will the bags actually make it?

My goal is to change to CX, though I've really been looking forward to trying CI. We're in Bali close to a month, we always bring a ton of stuff back, so the idea of having to retrieve it in TPE, schlep to a hotel, return, check in...it really kills the experience getting home.

Jamie