FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - New Chase IHG Credit Card Options
View Single Post
Old Apr 7, 2018, 11:54 am
lwildernorva

Programs: Amex Plat, AA, BA Silver, Marriott Plat, Choice Gold, HHonors Gold, IHG Diamond
Originally Posted by jphripjah
I currently have the "old" $49 card, which gives me a 10% rebate on points nights. I'm also an Ambassador member, which gives me an additional 10% rebate on points nights.

Can I get the new card and stack the 4th night free plus the 10% + 10% = 20% rebate on points spent, while also buying said points at a discount as a new cardholder?

Unfortunately I've already maxed out point purchases for this year under the 100% buy points bonus last month.
I think there are no definitive answers at this point, and we're probably going to have to wait for data points to come in. I see nothing in the T&Cs to prohibit this scenario, however, and if this is the way it works going forward, I think it's one of the strongest arguments for holding on to the old card while taking the new Premium. I could see a situation where a six-night reward stay using the two certs at a 40K property would cost only 96K if you have Ambassador status (108K if you don't). At certain properties, I see that as worth a points purchase and the $138 in annual fees.