FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - New Club World Service 2017 - catering and bedding – experiences and reactions
Old Apr 7, 2018, 7:51 am
sts603
Suspended

Programs: BA GGL, AA 1MM LT GLD, SPG PLAT, National Exec Selc, Hilton Diamond, Hyatt Plat, Marriott Silver
Originally Posted by missdimeaner
Whilst I do like aspects of the new service which I have now experienced 6 times on the JFK route (all UD) I have to say I think the flaws are beginning to become apparent.
Outbound I had a chipped water glass - given the cut glass style it was neatly disguised and lay in wait for yours truly to find it with her lip.
Inbound was a little more serious, over the last couple of years I have started to become allergic to various items including cranberries and ginger (no more curry for me).
I asked for a vodka and tonic which was brought - it had a slight yellow tinge, before I drank any I queried it with the cabin crew who assured me it was indeed a V&T - after a sip I realised it was ginger ale but by then the damage was done- a very sore and swollen tongue and assorted other symptoms. It was serious enough for an incident report and offer of medics meeting the plane but at that point I just wanted to be home - had it been the ‘old’ service I would have been given the mixer in its container. I know that the tins are very similar but are the crew that busy with the new service mistakes like this happen often ?
I have sent an email to CS and expect a cut and paste any time soon.
I would hardly call these flaws. Chipped glasses will always be a risk, yes its harder to see a crack but seems a little excessive to avoid them for this reason. Few airlines around the world provide mixers in J so I don't think the inbound issue can be blamed on the new service (except when compared to the old service). Obviously a very significant mistake for you (while a minor one for a CC to make) but could be rectified in the future by just asking to mix yourself.