FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Seoul to Busan: Train vs. Flying
View Single Post
Old Apr 7, 2018, 7:11 am
Grogs

Programs: Delta, AA, Hilton
Originally Posted by rts123
The train works well. I've taken the KTX from Seoul Station and the SRT from Suseo Station. I found the SRT to be a little more comfortable - more leg room, for one - but Suseo Station is not centrally located (I had meetings not far from it, so the SRT worked better than KTX for that trip).

I've also flown Air Busan a couple of times, though maybe your travel office also objects to them. Cheap, easy, and got me there on time. You'd need to take the train from ICN to Gimpo, but that's easy, and if you need to end up in the Gimhae area when you get to Busan this may be the better option.
Thanks. My company doesn't object to Korean Air specifically, just using non-US carriers when there is an alternative. Apparently "Delta flight XXXX operated by Korean Air" is fine, but booking "Korean Air flight YYYY" isn't. For whatever reason, there are no Delta code shares available from PUS-ICN that fit my itinerary. I imagine I would have the same problem with Air Busan.

I looked at the website for the conference I'm attending and they had directions for taking the KTX train from Incheon airport, so that's probably the way to go. I figure that after factoring in a 3-4 hour connection in Seoul the train doesn't take much longer and might give me a chance to see some of the Korean countryside. BTW, I was on Jeju Island last year and used the POP card to get around on the buses there. Do you know if that works in Busan? It still had some won left on it, so I may see if I can find it again if it would be useful for getting around Busan. I should have at least one weekend free to explore while I'm there.