FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Free drinks trial for BAEC Silver and Golds on selected short haul routes
Old Apr 7, 2018, 6:42 am
Confus

Originally Posted by subject2load
But here’s the thing : would it not make sense - certainly from a customer perspective (albeit maybe not for BA’s bottom line, in the short-term) - to simply make it permanent without further ado ? Is it really necessary to validate the attraction of this gesture by “conducting sampling analysis from customer scores ....” ??
If my local pub ever decided to make a similar gesture, I’m pretty sure I already know what the answer to any associated survey would be.
But it's not that simple. These initiatives have a cost. In big companies, costs require business cases. Business cases require a demonstrable ROI. Of course if you ask "sir, did you like your free drink?" you're going to get a positive answer. But that tells you nothing. What you'd have to do is demonstrate that all other things being equal this move has a positive effect. So the questions have to be the same for the 'gots' and 'didn't gets', with a clear difference in answers. I don't know this for certain, but since BA surveys still follow a clear Nunwood-esque* NPS methodology, I would imagine that (rightly or wrongly) the results of this will be based in terms of NPS, with a smattering of anecdotal feedback from customers/crew thrown in. However 'different' they want to be, big companies can usually be read like a book when it comes to survey feedback.

*disclaimer: I don't work for Nunwood, but have been in a company that used them, so know how they work.