FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Free drinks trial for BAEC Silver and Golds on selected short haul routes
Old Apr 7, 2018, 3:04 am
orbitmic
FlyerTalk Evangelist, Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: AF/KL Life Plat, BA GGL+GfL, ALL Plat, Hilton Diam, Marriott Gold, blablablah, etc
I agree with others that whilst - once again - I very much welcome the principle of the trial, the implementation seems a little odd. Mr Hillier sends us plenty of useless emails on a regular basis, would it not make sense to send one about this explaining to people what BA are offering, on which routes, and during what dates? For one thing people might know what to expect, secondly it might just serve as good publicity whilst it is o mystery that many of us have felt that BA was showing very little love for its most frequent flyers in recent months/years. Who knows, at the margin, a few people might even have opted to choose a BA flight over a competitor where the decision was a close call between them on other grounds which is not unusual.

I'm in fact still unclear about how the trial is explained to crew themselves. Are you being told what to say and when or are you supposed to decide how to present this yourself? "Mrs x, would you like any drink today? I see that you are a Gold cardholder so as part of an Easter promotion, your drink today will be free except for Champagne. How about you Mr X? Can I offer you a complimentary drink as well"

Last edited by orbitmic; Apr 7, 2018 at 4:22 am