FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Name Change Coming to the Combined MR & SPG Programs
Old Apr 6, 2018, 7:27 pm
controller1

Programs: AA EXP 2MM; Marriott Titanium; Hilton Diamond; Hyatt Explorist; Vistana 5* Elite; Nat'l Exec Elite
Originally Posted by C17PSGR
I don't really like Ritz or St. Regis but the last two times I stayed at an R-C, I received decent suite upgrades and in one, free breakfast. I realize I would get free breakfast at St. Regis and points on incidentals. Not sure, however what VIP treatment (as opposed to the breakfast and points) I would receive at the St. Regis that I don't get at the Ritz.
As far as VIP treatment -- I've stayed at three Ritz-Carlton's since the merger and as a Platinum I've received not one upgrade. I've always (yes I understand YMMV) received an upgrade to a suite when staying at St. Regis (six times) over the past three years, including on award stays. St. Regis suites come with butler service including complimentary coffee/tea delivered to your room each morning with a newspaper, while Marriott is eliminating the requirement to even have newspapers. Suites, including upgrades, come with complimentary pressing of two garments/person/day. The butler will also unpack/pack your luggage even though this is a service I've never utilized. As for breakfast, many St. Regis properties allow you to take breakfast either in the dining room or through room service, once again complimentary as a Platinum benefit.