FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Name Change Coming to the Combined MR & SPG Programs
Old Apr 6, 2018, 3:01 pm
Spent_All_My_Miles

Programs: DL Plat, 1 MM; SPG LT Plat (RIP); Marriott LT Titanium; Fairmont Plat (RIP), DL Kryptonium Medallion
A few days ago, I received an invite from MR/SPG to an event in NYC on April 16, which runs 4pm to 7:30 pm (which is a bit early in the day, most of us have day jobs, but anyhow)
The invite said, inter alia, "Join us for an extraordinary evening inspired by you with entertainment and a culinary experience with celebrity chefs you won't want to miss".
No particulars shown; there is a link to an RSVP screen, which also doesn't show any more details. I sent an email to an address mentioned in the email, seeking clarification about the event, and was told, inter alia, that "we'll make an exciting and important announcement regarding the future of our loyalty programs with surprise celebrity performances, and we want you to be among the first to hear".

I am not a VVIP (I am SPG LTP but have <1,000 nights) so I was a bit surprised to be the first to mention it. I have to imagine a number of FTers in NYC got the invite.