FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - BBC TV : Rhod Gilbert joins BA cabin crew for 'Work Experience'
Old Apr 6, 2018, 4:33 am
corporate-wage-slave
Moderator, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges, and Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold; Flying Blue Life Platinum; LH Sen.; Hilton Diamond; Kemal Kebabs Prized Customer
Originally Posted by flyingmonkie
I thought it was a fantastic programme. Very well done. Showed BA in their best light and was funny too!
Yes, I don't know if someone in BA was being cunning here, the focus on health and safety, plus an onboard incident, really did take you a long way from thinking that cabin crew ("flight attendants"? Ha!) are there just to serve the drinking whims of the Money Class. It came across as one of the more genuine inside views of the airline that I have seen, and showed the very human and yet professional side of the people behind the uniform. I liked how Simon (who I've flown with many times) did the crocodile tears while Mr. Gilbert was in rant melt down mode. And yet when the emergency drill was done, you could see how it all clicked together, smiles put away, no headless chickens in sight. I just hope other airlines are as focused as this.

Worth 28 minutes of your time.