FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Check-in at Bermuda (BDA)?
View Single Post
Old Apr 5, 2018, 9:25 pm
Adam Smith
Moderator, Air Canada; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC SE MM, FB Plat, WS Plat, BA Silver, DL GM, Marriott Plat, Hilton Gold, Accor Silver
Thanks for the replies, although it seems there was some confusion with regards to my initial question.

I had already done OLCI and had printed BPs, but those BPs specifically stated that documents must be verified at the check-in counter at least 60 minutes before the flight. That was the confusing part.

So here is the situation:
  • The DL website is wrong with regards to the 90-minute check-in cutoff. The cutoff is 60 minutes. The redcoat at BDA said that at 60 minutes, they're locked out of the computers and couldn't even help you if you wanted. And yes, that's obviously 60 minutes at the counter, not being in line 60 minutes before.
  • The doc check language on BPs printed during OLCI is wrong. There is no requirement for a doc check prior to entering the CBP facility or going through security; doc check can be done at the gate, although they prefer to do it prior to boarding rather than during.

There was no line at CBP or security when we were there on Monday, but I have no idea what that's normally like, but there are Global Entry machines, so less than 60 minutes could easily be possible barring a big line at post-CBP security.