FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Review: So Sofitel Vienna Stephansdom
View Single Post
Old Apr 5, 2018, 4:28 pm
BotB

Programs: HH D, Rad VIP, Marriott G
I have seen the comments on the new hotel openings thread that this hotel will get 'rebranded' slightly, potentially in-line with the renovations that are going on...From a TA review comment by the manager on 9th Jan:

We are aware that - due to the sensitive materials - we are experiencing in some rooms traces of wear and tear. I would like to apologize for the inconveniences this may have caused you. Our Housekeeping Team as well as our Technical Department are daily working to keep our rooms in as best a state as possible. Furthermore I would like to inform you that we have started a major room renovation that should be ready by the end of April 2018.
Anyone know if this is still timely and whether renovations have started yet/underway/finished?

Would be great to get a newly done room, regardless of class of the room...was a bit disappointed to get a NOR1 email with 'upgrade' options which were:

-high floor for Euro 20
-late check out for Euro 118 (5 night stay! may be of use to some but not to me this time around)
-corner room for Euro 34

No mention of an actual category upgrade to one of the suites (as of today the jnr/ black and prestige suites are all available but not offered as part of this NOR1 marketing....

Will report back in any case, looking forward to my stay starting Sunday!

Safe travels, appreciate any info anyone might have. ^