FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Day Trip to Tijuana - San Ysidro Border Crossing
Old Apr 5, 2018, 4:05 pm
tmiw
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: GE, Marriott Platinum
Originally Posted by cagcag
Hello. Logistic question here:
Arriving into SAN at15:15. Taking bus to TJ blue trolley. Needing to go to Gusher Farmacia in Rio Mall for approx. 30 mins shop. I have mobility problems and need to minimize walking. For that reason, I was planning on using immigration Este, and not Pedwest.. Then either cabify, Uber or taxi to Gusher Rio. I have flight out of SAN at 22:00 with TSA PRECHECK.On return, trolley to bus to airport. Is this doable with the time constraints? This will be on Tuesday afternoon/evening. Also, I am holding GlobalEntry. Any caveats or suggestions? Thanks.

ADD: UBER shows routing directly from Gusher-Rio to SAN Airport for about 13USD. .
If accurate, I'll take Uber from Rio Mall to Airport. How is border crossing done with Uber? Has anyone done Uber from TJ to San Diego direct?
Plan for the trip from the airport to the border (and vice versa) to take around an hour by public transit:

Additionally, it's currently about a 40-50 minute wait (as of 3PM Pacific) to go back over the border by car into the US unless you happen to have SENTRI, assuming there are no issues; it's a bit less time if you walk over. I think you'd be okay but I'll defer to others with more experience to give their advice.

EDIT: it's not letting me link public transit directions but clicking through on the map above should let you change the options to see those.