FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - FAQ: How to Save Money/YQ on Aeroplan Europe redemptions
Old Apr 5, 2018, 11:59 am
WKnight

Originally Posted by yscleo
Thanks for the suggestion. We do have to stop in both TPE and Tokyo. But would stopping in SIN, then open-jaw to TPE be allowed? i.e. We buy ticket for SIN-TPE?

I also looked into J award tickets using SIN. The problem is getting J seats, no SG, and other segments. We're fine to fly economy, especially because this year my son provided us with a Priority Pass select membership from his credit card, so that we have unlimited visits to lounges.
My understanding is that you can do an open jaw that involves your destination (SIN) or origin, but the OJ has to stay within the same IATA zone (or something along that line) so you'd have to see if TPE is eligible with SIN as an OJ partner. But, as ChrisA330 has mentioned, there's no point for your case, because with an OJ, you would then lose a stopover such as Brussels or Tokyo, so there's no point to attempt this as it would interfere with your specific travel needs (BRU, TPE and TYO as stops).

Unlimited lounge visits is nice (you've raised your son WELL!), but you'll also want to make sure you have enough fully-flat J seats in your itinerary for the added comfort and rest from these 'gruelling' multi-layover adventures.