FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Geneva BA Lounge access?
View Single Post
Old Apr 5, 2018, 4:12 am
thebigben

Programs: BA Gold / OW Emerald
Originally Posted by ThatT1Feeling
What would endear me to the GVA lounge more than anything would be more usable plug sockets. I know that being British, we can't talk too much about odd plug types, I do have a swiss plug adaptor but never remember to take it as the hotels tend to have more standard European sockets or even sometimes UK ones.

If GVA could increase the number of available sockets - either European or British, especially including USB ports, I would feel much better disposed to the lounge overall. I also have to say that the lounge guardians can be somewhat abrupt, but the staff serving and clearing in the lounge have always been 100% polite and friendly in my experience.
I was surprised to sit at the table with holes for cables in it but no power plugs underneath.

A useful travel tip here would be to have a European 2-prong plug for most of your electronics, if available. Apple gear is nice in that you can plug different power plugs to their chargers, so I just pick up my UK laptop charger, and EU USB charger, and can swap the plugs between both as I change countries or need to charge different things.

EDIT: I should mention that the 2-prong EU plug works in Switzerland, which is why I did mention it.

Last edited by thebigben; Apr 5, 2018 at 7:23 am