FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - FAQ: How to Save Money/YQ on Aeroplan Europe redemptions
Old Apr 4, 2018, 9:46 pm
yscleo

Programs: Aeroplan; Marriott Platinum; IHG Platinum; Best Western Diamond
Originally Posted by WKnight
YYZ to TPE as destination is too restrictive in doing a mini-RTW crossing through Europe. If you can consider using SIN as a stopover (and thus your destination), then your MPM will be much higher:
-YYZ-SIN mpm: 15441
-YYZ-TPE mpm: 10554

But, you would have to swap SIN for TPE or NRT, which I'm not sure you'd want to give up, right? Anyways, if you could, then the redemption would then become an Asia-2 (SIN) award at 155,000 for business seats, versus 150,000 for Asia-1 (TPE), but you get so much more 'mpm'-mileage to play with.
Thanks for the suggestion. We do have to stop in both TPE and Tokyo. But would stopping in SIN, then open-jaw to TPE be allowed? i.e. We buy ticket for SIN-TPE?

I also looked into J award tickets using SIN. The problem is getting J seats, no SG, and other segments. We're fine to fly economy, especially because this year my son provided us with a Priority Pass select membership from his credit card, so that we have unlimited visits to lounges.